The latest on Central Government's support package for businesses
A package of measures to support businesses has been announced by the government, this is the latest guildlines. We advise that businesses continue to check the Government websites regularly for the most up to date information on the support packages available.
Latest information for the self-employed
If you are self-employed and your trading has been impacted by COVID-19, the Government has released support and help packages, see if you’re eligible for the Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) :
For more information: FAQs
Preventative health measures for employers and businesses
The latest information from Public Health England on coronavirus or COVID-19 for businesses can be found on the Public Health England website.
This guidance will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to staff on:
- Are you an essential business? Does your business need to close.
- How to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- What to do if someone with suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a workplace setting
- Advice for the certification of absence from work resulting from COVID-19
- Travelling to a foreign country has been restricted, the advice is now stay at home.
- As from tuesday 25 March if you can work from home, you must.
The repeated advice from experts at Public Health England is that hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing or coughing into a tissue is the best way to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Social distancing should also be observed, at least two metres apart.
End of year accounting extension from Companies House
Businesses will be given an additional three months to file accounts with Companies House to help companies avoid penalties as they deal with the impact of COVID-19. More information can be found here Companies to receive 3-month extension period to file accounts during COVID-19