Business Runnymede is a partnership between the local business community, educational providers, police and borough council, who work together to encourage and support enterprise in the borough.
The partnership works to support business, but also tackle the issues affecting it. Here are some examples of the work we've done to this end:
- Rush hour congestion was straining the local road network, which led to Business Runnymede pioneering a distinctive yellow bus scheme which helped reduce traffic. The scheme now has seven buses serving local secondary schools.
- The Business Runnymede loyalty card scheme is encouraging local shopping, to keep our high streets busy and vibrant in the changing retail environment.
- Fostering an active networking scene in the borough, with our hosting of breakfast forums throughout the year covering a wide range of topics, bringing local companies together on the issues that matter. The vast majority of these forums are free, with sponsorship coming from local businesses who wish to make others aware of their activities. If you wish to sponsor a Business Runnymede forum, please contact us here.
Stay updated with our activities by subscribing to our newsletter here.
If you are a business owner or directory you may also like to enter your company in the Business Runnymede directory here.
We do not ask a membership fee to join, we simply want your support in making Runnymede an even better location for business and enterprise.
Business Runnymede Steering Group
Business Runnymede's direction is set by the Steering Group, made up of representatives of the local business community. If you would be interested in getting involved with the Steering Group, please get in touch at: email@example.com.
- Mark Adams - Wilkins Kennedy (Chairman)
- Alan Browne - former Business Systems Designer
- Bradley Vaughan - Kingsley Print and Design
- Brian Perry - former Procter and Gamble
- Bridget Carman - Dixcart
- Charlotte Clabon - Dixcart
- Louise Martin - The Runnymede on Thames
- Juliet Holloway - Strodes College
- Meyer Oliaji - Karnak Travel
- Neil Jarman - Jarman Associates
- Steve Dennett - Dennett Boat Builders and Chertsey Chamber
- Steve New - Vail Williams
Business Runnymede is assisted by council officers:
- Rachel Raynaud - Economic Development Manager
- Katy McGrath - Communications and Graphic Designer
- Luke West - Economic Development Project Officer